miércoles, 5 de septiembre de 2007

2007/9/5, Romy Kuhne : Hello,I am arriving at the 20th of November in Quito. Have you got any transport to your facilities of should I take a taxi? In conjunction with my studies I would like to conduct research in the coastal and marine environment. My question is what kind of projects are available? Where would it be and who would be my supervisor? I have to write a proposal for my university degree so thats why I need a little bit of information beforehand. Also where would I stay? I would like to participate in the Spanish school before I start with my research so I can actually understand something:) Thank you very muchregards,romy KuhneHi Romy
You must to write all information that you produce (your proponsal) in our weblog before you back inyour country, if you don´t write you will be quilificate by internet as bad internship. Remember we don´t work to concentrate the information about poor countries in your country and in your university. Our work is to teach our volunteers and students how transport the knowledge, money and intelligent work form the develop countries to the poor countries to protect the nature and the people. This is our main condition. If you accept this condition, we can to to work.
The second condition is to show that you has character. The first exercise is when you arrive you must to take a taxi to Av. Colon303 y Tamayo (our residence for volunteers) in front Universidad de las Americas.( Price $5) if you in the night if you arrive in the morning (before 18:00) you can go to Ecotrackers office Av. Amazonas N21-217 y Roca 2º fl. (Price $4).
The third moment is you interview with me (3 hours) to know what is your Spanish level, to find an Spanish teacher and to make the plan of your work.
Your work will be in the new Costal Marine Reserve in Esmeraldas and Macahlilla National Park. If you have money to pay the travel to Galapagos you will have an experience in our project in Galapagos.
Your general supervisor will be Maximiliano Moreno (me) your local supervisor in the Costal Marine Reserve of Esmeraldas will be Wilfrido Trejo (a farmer and mangroves protector) in the Mache Chindul Marine Reserve, Ivo Gutierrez (fishermen and traditional ocean diver) in Machalilla Nationa Park and José Gallado in Galapagos (the first teacher in the Islands).
The training includes:
1.- Spanish lessons
2.- The live in the Pacific Ocean with influence of the Niño´s Current, mangroves and Tropical Rain Forest
3.- The live in the Pacific Ocean with influence of the Humbolt´s Current and Tropical Dry Forest.
4. The culture of the ancient fishermen called "Cholos pescadores"
5. The history of the shrimp farms and fish fabrics
6.- The green colonization in Pacific Costal region.
7.- The problems to protect sharks, and other marine spices.
Best regards
Maximiliano Moreno